Monday, July 26, 2010

Bangladesh v England: Alastair Cook admits to room for alleviation notwithstanding win

Bystaff 225PM GMT twenty-four March 2010

Bangladesh v England Alastair Cook admits to room for alleviation notwithstanding win Room for alleviation Alastair Cook led England to feat on last day Photo GETTY IMAGES

Cook was comparison to skipper the Test and one-day sides in Bangladesh after Andrew Strauss opted to jump over the outing and the opener duly delivered whitewashes in both series.

His own England form has flourished along the way, a actuality underlined by today"s hit of 109 not out that hermetic a nine-wicket win in the second Test.

Bangladesh v England scoreboard Bangladesh v England Late wickets progress England Tea forsaken catches harm England Lunch Shakib frustrates England How a battering from Sanath Jayasuriya incited Tim Bresnan in to an England bowler

"I couldn"t have asked for anything some-more on the tour, we were approaching to win 3-0 and 2-0 and we have," he said.

"It"s been a lot of tough work and a lot of credit goes to Bangladesh for the approach they"ve finished us work, generally in the last 10 days, and it"s a unequivocally gratifying feeling.

"But the captaincy had the moments. I right away know how I need to get improved as a captain, generally with my care in the sauce room.

"Areas similar to that that I need to work on. I couldn"t have asked for any some-more await from the players and coaches and I can right away go back, verbalise to a couple of people,and get the most appropriate out of myself as a captain.

"There are a lot of things (to improve). I didn"t unequivocally know what would occur as a captain so there were eye-openers, but they will have to stay in isolation for me to rise as a captain."

And whilst Cook contingency be calm with the array of runs he has thick with whilst in assign of the side - 157 runs at 52 in the ODI debate and 342 runs at 114 opposite both Tests - he is happy to be streamer behind to the ranks for the time being.

"One aspect that"s unequivocally gratified me is how I"ve dealt with batting whilst captaining," he said.

"When I"ve batted, I"ve been means to unequivocally combine on that.

"But I"ve come in here for five weeks usually to be as great a captain as I can be and I"m blissful Straussy is entrance back."

Graeme Swann, England"s man of the array after picking up sixteen wickets on dual of the cricket world"s slightest manageable pitches, hailed Cook"s stewardship of the side.

"I think Cookie"s finished an well-developed job," pronounced the off-spinner.

"Coming here to Bangladesh there is a vigour to win each match, and win convincingly.

"I think that is something going behind over the last decade with Bangladesh teams that were weaker in the past since they are not a pushover anymore.

"You have to fool around good, tough cricket and you have to have a clever personality and a cohesive unit.

"I think Cookie has been an well-developed personality underneath those circumstances."

0 comments:

Post a Comment